Over 250 degrees earned through the One Family Scholars program.
One Family Scholars have an average GPA of 3.2.
The One Family Scholars Program
One Family Scholars is a comprehensive college scholarship program that breaks the cycle of poverty and family homelessness for low-income single parents. The One Family Scholars program values higher education as the surest pathway to family self sufficiency. With the skills and experience gained from their tenure in the program, One Family Scholars become role models for their children, providing them with the foundation for a stable life.
Building Blocks For Success
Our scholarship includes a last-dollar tuition scholarship, funds for books/supplies, and a small incentive-based stipend. However, unlike traditional scholarship programs that focus solely on tuition assistance, the One Family Scholars model also includes comprehensive coaching and counselling focused on four building blocks for success:
Our unique approach helps Scholars to earn their degree as quickly and efficiently as possible, while minimizing the amount of education debt they incur, so they can enter the workforce and secure family-sustaining employment in their field.
Have a Question?Read our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
The One Family Scholars application is currently closed
Am I Eligible?
An applicant to the One Family Scholars program must be:
- Endorsed by a partnering community organization from One Family's network
ORReferred by two organizations with which the applicant is currently affiliated
- A single head of household with dependent children under the age of 18
- Family income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- An entering or returning student at an approved accredited undergraduate institution in Massachusetts
- A permanent resident of Massachusetts and a United States citizen or Resident Alien
- Have a definite plan to use the desired degree to enter a family-sustaining career