One Family Scholars have
an average GPA of 3.1
Over 300 degrees earned through
the One Family Scholars program
91% of recent alumni are employed or re-enrolled
in further education 6 months after graduating
The One Family Scholars Program
One Family Scholars is a comprehensive college scholarship program that breaks the cycle of poverty and family homelessness for low-income single parents. The One Family Scholars program values higher education as the surest pathway to family self sufficiency. With the skills and experience gained from their tenure in the program, One Family Scholars become role models for their children, providing them with the foundation for a stable life.
The One Family Scholars program provides comprehensive individualized coaching focused on five core areas that are essential to lifelong achievement:
In addition to coaching, One Family Scholars receive a scholarship that helps to offset both direct costs of college (tuition and fees) and indirect costs of college (books, supplies, and living expenses).
Have a Question?Read our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
The One Family Scholars application is currently closed
Am I Eligible?
An applicant to the One Family Scholars program must be:
- Endorsed by a partnering community organization from One Family's network
ORReferred by two organizations with which the applicant is currently affiliated
- A single head of household with dependent children under the age of 18
- Family income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- An entering or returning student at an approved accredited undergraduate institution in Massachusetts
- A permanent resident of Massachusetts and a United States citizen or Resident Alien
- Have a definite plan to use the desired degree to enter a family-sustaining career