One Family Scholars have an average GPA of 3.18.
27 scholars and graduates have purchased their own homes.
Graduates working full time are earning $48,000 on average.
One Family Scholars have earned 225 college degrees.
The One Family Scholars Program
One Family Scholars is a comprehensive college scholarship program that breaks the cycle of poverty and family homelessness for low-income single parents. The One Family Scholars program values higher education as the surest pathway to family self sufficiency. With the skills and experience gained from their tenure in the program, One Family Scholars become role models for their children, providing them with the foundation for a stable life.
Building Blocks For Success
Unlike traditional scholarship programs that focus solely on tuition assistance, the One Family Scholars model focuses on four building blocks for success: college success, financial success, career success and leadership success. Our multifaceted approach positions our graduates to secure family-sustaining employment in their field.
The One Family Scholars program is currently closed to new applicants. The application will open for the Fall 2014 semester on June 2, 2014.
Am I Eligible?
An applicant to the One Family Scholars program must be:
- A candidate endorsed by a partnering community organization from One Family's network
- A single head of household with dependent children under the age of 18
- Family income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- An entering or returning student at an accredited undergraduate institution in Massachusetts
- A permanent resident of Massachusetts and a United States citizen or Resident Alien
- Have a definite plan to use the desired degree to enter a family-sustaining career
Have a Question? Read our FAQs >